Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Blue Plate Special

My machinist friend came through with these beautiful gussets laser-cut that fit perfectly the first time.  Nothing like fun with AutoCAD!  Too bad I can't make a living out of just doing neat things!


The center frame tube wasn't welded on the centerline in 1960

Top plate

Bottom plate with tabs to strengthen jack area

Initial test fitting goes well

Ready to assemble with safety chain drop-forged eyebolt

Yeah, my snowthrower is at the ready for the inevitable

The pretty acorn nut will replace the ordinary hex nut after the welding is complete....or maybe after the frame is painted?   I want to make sure things look nice - both the frame and the body.

I wonder if my friend Mitch will be willing to tackle one more welding job?  He's been in Hawaii on vacation - I hope he's well rested!  If not, do you know an artisan welder in my town?

No comments:

Post a Comment