Thursday, April 10, 2014

Earth, Air, Water, Fire

The sink arrived yesterday and immediate action was taken!  First I had to see if there was anything left of the sink as the box it was shipped in had seen better days.  Fortunately, the hardware, plumbing fixtures and the sink were all OK!  <insert huge sigh of relief here>  So, out came the rulers and compasses and pencils for it was time to create the galley countertop.  Less than an hour later things were pretty much finished except for how the stove will be affixed and what will the countertop finish be?  Tile?  Laminate?  Granite?   It's not much of an update but it's a step in the right direction.

I'm glad none of the hardware fell out!

Still a long way to go but it's getting there!


The stove will need to be raised up slightly and perhaps some tile placed about it to keep the heat from the laminate surface.  I also have figure out the valve handle situation - shouldn't be too difficult.  Now I am on a quest for the right faucet.  I'll know it when I see it but I've got to find it first!  One things for sure:  I have not seen what I want at the box stores....

Late breaking update:  found it and at a good price, too!  What do you think?

I think this will do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment