Monday, April 21, 2014

Scotty Bed and Breakfast.....under construction!

Well, the last of the money has been spent....and we have a bed platform and dinette table and benches to show for it in addition to floor, walls, repaired and painted frame, a new tongue jack, a stainless steel sink, a new faucet, and single burner stove.  But no roof yet - that will come after I recycle the aluminum to fund that part of the project.  I'm pleased with how far I've been able to get and excited to keep moving towards completion.

So this last weekend, I needed to pick up two more sheets of plywood for the bed platform and removable section, the dinette benches, and the table.  A trip over to Greg's for the precision cuts followed by quite a bit of time and patience to install the piano hinge under bed and seats was the bulk of the afternoon.  This part turned out rather nicely and was a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.


Streetside bench with nesting lip for the dinette table

The same over on the curbside

Gaucho in day mode - hinged for ease of entry

Streetside with hinge installed

Full bed platform in place

The view from the door

Scotty Bed and Breakfast under construction!

My next step: make the last of the necessary measurements to position the front and rear windows and then recycle the aluminum prior to buying the necessary wood to create the roof ribs.  I'm researching the use of "bendable plywood" (the grain of all the plies oriented the same way) for the roof but don't have all the details I need yet.  My new faucet should arrive soon so it'll be time to get that in place while I continue to ponder the roof.  So much thinking to do......maybe I should set up my air mattress on the platform to make it easy on myself!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is such an incredible pure plywood construction. I can just imagine the refreshing feeling of having one at home. Anyway, it’s exciting to see the finished product of your work. I'm sure it's already done by now and that you are enjoying the comforts of using it. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Martha Ward @ Son-Rise Plumbing

    ReplyDelete