Monday, February 9, 2015

You've probably been wondering what I've been up to.... (Part One)

Let's see.....where did we last leave off?  Ah yes, there was the annual trip up to Lava Hot Springs, maintenance at the Moab transmitter site, a get-away to So Cal to babysit the grandkids (personally, I think of it as a trip to see old friends, stomp around the old stomping grounds, etc.) and then I was going to get going on the trailer.  Well, as we all know, life doesn't always go the way we plan it. Lava was great, the bratwurst at 9000' were delicious, my old friends and I picked right up where we last left off, Santa Barbara was delightful as always but when we returned home.....  I'll let the photos tell the story.

Lava Hot Springs is always a summer fun spot.....even after Labor Day!

A half-day trip over to see what's up over at Chesterfield.

Sundown at 9000'....

....followed by brats and slaw at 9000'!

Some things at LAX will never change.  Reminds me of halcyon days of youth.

Last time I saw Buddy, his son Sean who now our state A.G., was only 8 years old!

Playing with the grandbabies is always fun

The Ol' Homestead is still the same (well, minus the 90' trees!)

A trip up to Santa Barbara to celebrate my birthday at my birthplace

Eight days later, we returned to our beautiful valley and home......

 OH NO!!    WHO  TOLD  THE  DISHWASHER  IT  COULD  GO  ON  A  VACATION??

Yep, you guessed it:  I've spent the last four-an-a-half months honing my home improvement skills.  More fun and games await you, Gentle Reader, in Part Two of this saga!  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment