Friday, February 22, 2013

You gotta do the homework....

1967 Aermacchi / Harley-Davidson Sprint after winning Best of Show and People's Choice,
Cache Valley Cruise-In, 2010

I like to build things.  Interesting things. Useful things.  Not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill things.  It took 26 years but I guess I must have a few good ideas.....my restored 1967 Harley Sprint wins awards.  But you gotta do the homework.  My friends know better than to ask.....! 


Homebuilt Camping Trailer

It isn't teardrop-shaped but it is in concept - forward sleeping quarters for two and an outside aft galley.  Total cost over a three-year construction period was about $1,500.  Reward factor:  priceless


Trailer Galley

When the radio bug bit.....well, lets just say there is no cure known to man.  A vow of poverty, you ask?

1620 KVWJ Studios
It's only 100mW but I have fun; it's equipped just like any other radio station.....circa 1979!  This building started out as a 124'-long pedestrian walkway in front of a job site.  I knew the contractor and obtained salvage rights.  I spent the next nine months planning how to disassemble, modify and build my backyard station.  I cried the day the walls went up, a dream was happening.  It's now ten years old, my neighbors enjoy the oldies, and I'm working towards a LPFM license.  Who says business and pleasure can't mix? 

 So after spying the Scotty last summer, I did my research.  Lots of it.  Hours of it.  And a plan came into being......

No comments:

Post a Comment