Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The journey to a new home

Business is what took me to Vernal in the first place where I found my trailer, and business is what made it possible to travel back to Vernal to pick up my new trailer.....that and the help of a very good and patient friend (Thanks, Rick!).

It was a little snowbound....
...and a little frozen over....
...but a little digging revealed...
...the Scotty Glacier!
The Lewis' say goodbye - I promise to take good care of Grandpa's Scotty
And away we go.....to remove some accumulated precipitation!

I needed space to clear off the snow that was frozen to the roof as well as maneuvering room to wrap the trailer and apply the tiedowns.  Pallet wrap was used to prevent any undesired siding incidents from occurring at 65 MPH and the tiedowns ensured the the cabin would stay secure to the frame while minimizing the chance of a blow out underneath the rear window (the aluminum had seam had been tucked back into place but why tempt fate?).  A nearby Church parking lot gave us all the space we needed to prepare the trailer for the long trip home.


All cleaned up and ready for a new life
Street clothes simply won't do but just add some plastic wrap....
.....and tiedowns and we're ready to go!
Rick contemplates my sanity....and lunch at Wimpy's in Maeser!
Stretching legs and checking things over in Duchesne
Fuel stop in Heber
"Someday, I will be a beautiful butterfly, and then everything will be better."


The trip took about five hours and involved a few stops along the way to re-secure the pallet wrap that seemed to find away to come loose no matter what I did.  One roll of duct tape later it  calmed down a bit.  The Scotty trailed along nicely with no surprises or bad manners; I'll have to see how well it does behind my Mercury!  It is now safely reposing at my friend Dave's trailer shop, South Valley RV Repair, where the metamorphosis will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment